Words of A.W.Tozer

"Man's only claim to importance is that he was created in the divine image; in himself he is nothing."-A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Date with the Kid










Oh, where to begin! What an incredible experience it was to go to Pittsburgh to a Penguins hockey game! So much fun, so much excitement! I got almost everything I wanted out of the trip. Our seats were AWESOME, Sidney scored a goal, and Pittsburgh won the game 5-1.
The only thing missing was the other half of the reason for choosing this particular game, and that was to also see Vinny Lecavalier who is the captain of the Tampa Bay Lightening. Unfortunately, Vinny fractured his hand and wasn't playing...in fact, he just had surgery on it yesterday. He'll be out for 6-8 weeks. So, that was a little bit of a let down, but in retrospect, it made it much easier to cheer for Pit all the way!!
Our hotel was literally across the street from the arena, so once we got there we stayed put in the downtown area. Pittsburgh is a nice city. We thought the people were great, and would go back in a heartbeat.
But most importantly, the atmosphere was insane. There is nothing like standing and screaming with people by the thousands, pounding the glass, cheering with the strangers beside you....it was really my favourite part of the whole experience.
Would I do it again? Oh YEAH. I am in 15 days in fact! Heading to Dallas to watch the Stars play 2 games! Now that the Pit experience is still fresh in my heart, I'm looking forward to this trip even more!
The epic saga of my hockey life continues,....
Stay tuned.

No comments: